Growing Winter Veg Workshop
There is no such thing as ‘putting your garden to bed over winter’. Our ‘Growing Winter Veg’ workshop will introduce you to an array of exciting vegetables including winter salads that are easy to grow throughout the winter period. As well as being delicious to eat, growing winter veg will enable you to make full use of your growing space.
We will also show you ways of getting around the ‘hungry gap’ period, with different methods of protected cropping, and choices of varieties that will extend your harvest and keep you in produce throughout the year. The workshop will be full of practical growing tips as well as the opportunity to sow some leafy winter veg to take home with you.
- Planning for winter and easy steps to keep your growing area full of winter healthy
- How to grow specific types of winter vegetables to keep you in healthy greens throughout the cold months.
- Avoiding ‘The Hungry Gap’ – how to extend the season with careful planning and clever planting
- Storing Produce – how to select the best veg and advice on storage conditions and when to check up on your produce.
- The workshop will include a tour of our organic demonstration garden - you can read more about our garden here.
Skill level: Intermediate
You will need to bring: Please bring suitable outdoor wear and footwear
About your course Leader: Anton Rosenfeld
Anton has been with Garden Organic for over 15 years. His work has ranged from projects with commercial field-scale growers to small-scale community gardens and allotments. He regularly writes for Grow Your Own and Kitchen Garden magazine and has a passion for soils, composting, and growing veg from a wide range of cultures.
Our workshop will have an informal, relaxed learning environment with plenty of opportunities for interaction. We will also provide a full set of notes and handouts in advance.
We look forward to welcoming you.